Penne with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce and Green SaladPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, distilled
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 5 cup spinach
- 2 cup strawberries
- 3/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 2 cups pasta water; drain pasta and set aside.
- In pasta pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add rosemary and fry, stirring, until starting to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer rosemary to a paper towel, leaving oil in pot.
- Mince or press garlic.
- Carefully (oil is hot and will spatter) add pumpkin puree, garlic, half-and-half, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan, vinegar, and 1 cup reserved pasta water to pot. Stir sauce until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Chop spinach and add to the pot – cook until wilted.
- Add pasta to sauce, and toss to coat. If sauce is too thick, add some reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve pasta sprinkled with fried rosemary.
- For the salad: Toss spinach in a bowl with sliced strawberries, almonds, and feta. Add your favorite dressing. Serve with pasta.
Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 725mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 13g