- 2 cup green beans
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 8 tablespoon peanut butter, all-natural
- 8 tablespoon jam, all-fruit
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Heat green beans in a small amount of water over medium heat. Once water boils, turn off heat and cover. Let sit for 2-3 minutes, just enough time to slightly soften. Remove from heat, toss beans in a bowl and add ice to cool for a 1-2 minutes. Remove ice and set beans aside.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with peanut butter and the other 4 slices with jelly. Top each peanut butter slice with a jelly slice to make 4 sandwiches. Remove crust from each and then slice into quarters.
- Cut banana into 8 slices. If berries need to be cleaned be sure to completely dry them before adding to skewers.
- Assemble skewers by adding a sandwich square, banana slice and a few berries. Continue until sandwich squares have been used; remaining berries may be added as an extra side.
- Serve skewers with green beans.
Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 431mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 33g