- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3 medium carrot
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 one lemon yields lemon juice
- 8 leaves basil, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pour broth into a saucepan and warm over low heat. Chop the onion and carrots. Thaw green peas to room temperature.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large deep-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Add carrots and garlic and saute an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook an additional two minutes, until the rice begins to shine. Squeeze in the lemon juice and use a wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Ladle just enough warm broth over the rice that the grains are covered. Stir until it has been absorbed.
- Repeat step 5 for about 20 minutes, until rice is tender and creamy.
- Add one more ladle of broth, along with the peas, remaining butter, and half the Parmesan cheese. Stir well to combine and cream the risotto. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining cheese and torn basil leaves.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 854mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g