- 4 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 1 leek leek
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 serving 2 oz turkey sausage
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2/5 package (10 oz) sweet mini peppers
- 8 cup spinach
- 1 cup leaves, whole basil, fresh
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Wash and slice leeks into 1/4 in slices. Mince garlic. Add leeks and garlic to skillet, cook 2-3 minutes until garlic is aromatic.
- Cut sausage into 1/4 in pieces, add to skillet, cook for 2 minutes, add broth, sliced peppers; boil and reduce liquid.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt; 1 minute. Remove from heat, add pasta to mixture, sprinkle basil and parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Serve with pineapples.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 487mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g