- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 stalk celery
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, dried
- 15 ounce great northern beans, canned
- 5 ounce tuna, canned in water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cook penne in salted water according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, dice red pepper, green onions, celery, tomato, and parsley.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and mix in beans, drained tuna, red pepper, green onions, celery, parsley and tomato.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes until brown; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, drizzle olive oil and the zest and juice from the lemon over the pasta salad and mix well.
- Take a bite to check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle on toasted pine nuts before serving.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 639mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g