- 6 ounce pasta, shapes
- 1 medium onion, sweet
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, chop sweet onion and bell peppers. Chop the green onion, setting green section aside separately. Mince garlic. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add onions (except the green section), peppers, and garlic to skillet; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir then cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add beef, salt and basil to skillet. Cook until no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
- Add marinara and cook until heated through. Stir in cooked pasta and mozzarella. Turn off heat and add greens of onion.
- Serve goulash with drained mandarin oranges.
Calories: 435kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 524mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g