- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 15 ounce white beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 each bay leaf
- 3 teaspoon basil, dried
- 3 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 6 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- Dice onion, celery and carrot and mince garlic; set aside separately. Drain and rinse beans.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Add beans, celery, carrot, and next 8 ingredients (through black pepper); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions.
- Serve with chopped pineapple on the side.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 780mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 14g