- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium onion
- 28 ounce cannellini (white kidney) beans, canned
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 32 ounce chicken broth, low-sodium
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cup grapes
- Peel and chop carrot; chop celery and onion into small pieces. Drain and rinse beans; mince garlic and rosemary. Chop parsley.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add onions, carrots, and celery, and saute 5 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, and oregano, and saute one minute more.
- Pour in the broth, tomatoes, and beans, then cover and simmer ten minutes.
- Add macaroni noodles and simmer uncovered about 7 more minutes, until pasta is just cooked.
- Stir in parsley, taste, and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of cheese on top, and grapes on the side.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1746mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 26g