- 6 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cup Brussels sprouts
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slice turkey bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium pear
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, whisk together egg, egg whites and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Halve the Brussels sprouts. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add sprouts and cook until slightly browned, flipping occasionally. If browning too fast, reduce heat to prevent burning. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside covered.
- Heat a large skillet over medium; add bacon. Crush garlic with the side of a knife and add to skillet. Stir and cook until bacon is crispy. Add peas and cook until heated through.
- Stir macaroni into skillet with bacon. Remove from heat; add egg mixture and stir quickly until eggs thicken. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Serve pasta with Brussels sprouts and sliced pears on the side. (Serving size: 3/4 cup carbonara, 1 pear)
Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 612mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 23g