- 8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the zucchini into thin strips about 3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide- like a big stick of gum. Thinly slice garlic.
- Add the oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high.
- Add zucchini to the hot oil and cook just until wilted, flipping occasionally with a spatula. (The zucchini should be soft and somewhat see-through.)
- Use the spatula to push the cooked zucchini aside so a space on the bottom of the pan is clear. Add the garlic, and cook for 15 to 30 seconds, until golden but not really brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook another 2 minutes or so until softened.
- Add the zucchini mixture and the pasta to the yogurt mixture, and toss gently to combine. If too thick, add the reserved water a tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 280mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 12g