- 4 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup, chopped onion
- 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 stalk, medium (7-1/2″ – 8″ long) celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tsp ginger root, fresh
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 4 tbsp parsley, dried
- 1/4 cup Milk, Low fat 1%
- 1/4 cup, fluid (yields 2 cups whipped) heavy whipping cream
- 2 stalk green onion
- Chop carrots and onion. Heat butter over medium heat, in a large pot; add chopped carrots, onions and peas. Cook until onion is translucent and beginning to caramelize; carrots will be soft as well.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables, stirring, allow vegetables to mix with flour; cook for about 10 minutes; flour will darken in color.
- Slowly add stock, whisking at same time, to keep from turning lumpy. Turn heat up to begin boiling; once boiling, turn heat back down to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once all vegetables are soft, remove from heat and allow to cool enough to puree; add parsley and salt and pepper to taste, and puree.
- Pour puree back into a large pot, add milk and cream, simmer again. If too thick, more stock may be added. Chop green onions and top soup with them.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 730mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g