- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounce Spaghetti
- 4 cup broccoli
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together eggs in a shallow bowl (a tablespoon of milk may be added here as well). Place nearby for dipping chicken.
- Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Mix in basil, oregano, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Place next to eggs.
- Coat a 9×13 in baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Dip the chicken one at a time into egg wash, then into bread crumbs, and finally into the skillet. Lightly brown both sides, then place chicken into the baking dish. Add the additional tablespoon of olive oil as needed.
- Once all the chicken has been browned, top each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons sauce. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the mozzarella cheese to the chicken during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- While chicken is in the oven, cook pasta according to package directions.
- When ready to serve, place pasta on plate, then reserved sauce, and top with chicken. Serve with steamed broccoli and sliced apples.
Calories: 671kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 738mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g