- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup Orange juice, frozen concentrate, unsweetened, undiluted
- 11 ounce mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 1/8 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, honey, and oil; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened.
- Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff. Fold egg whites into pancake mixture.
- Spray a cold griddle with nonstick cooking spray. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until brown, turning when pancakes have bubbly surfaces. Serve with orange sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cold water and frozen orange juice concentrate.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in drained mandarin oranges and 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 87mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g