- 1 1/3 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup barley, pearled, dry
- 5 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine oats, barley, and water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. (Oats will expand as they soak up water so be sure the bowl is big enough.)
- Uncover bowl and stir in salt. Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 3 minutes. Stir well and microwave 3 more minutes. Stir again and cook for 2 minutes. Most of the liquid should be absorbed at this time.
- You can toast your almonds in a pan on the stove for a few minutes at this time and then let them cool on a paper towel.
- When oats are done, stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and almond milk.
- Divide mixture into 4 bowls, drizzle with maple syrup, and sprinkle with almonds and blueberries.
Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 335mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 17g