- 6 ounce orecchiette pasta, dry
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 2 medium apple
- 2 cup carrots, baby
- Trim cauliflower and cut into bite-size pieces. Finely chop garlic and parsley; grate Romano.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, then add pasta and cook 5 minutes less than the package instructions for al dente.
- Add cauliflower and cook about 5 minutes more until pasta is al dente and cauliflower is tender. Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1 cup liquid; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add pasta mixture, Romano cheese, and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid; season with salt, pepper, and parsley to taste. Toss to coat, adding more liquid if necessary to thin the sauce.
- Top with additional cheese if desired; serve apple slices and baby carrots on the side.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 617mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 19g