- 4 medium apple
- 1 1/2 medium onion
- 4 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (not packed) raisins, seedless
- 2 medium lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 large egg, yolk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 serving crackers, whole-wheat
- Peel, core, and chop apples; set aside.
- Chop onion. Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium; add onion and sauté until translucent without allowing to brown.
- Add curry powder and cornstarch; stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add apples and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to stir, allowing soup to thicken.
- Stir in raisins, 2 tablespoon of lemon zest, 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow soup to cool slightly. Add to blender and blend until smooth, working in batches if necessary. Pour into saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and cream. Add to soup and heat through without boiling.
- Serve hot with crackers on the side.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 516mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g