- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 2 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 1 cup raisins, seedless
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Place liners into muffin pan.
- Place the first 7 ingredients into a large mixing bowl; mix well. Add in the oats and raisins; stir to combine. Begin to heat water to a boil paying attention as to not over-boil and lose some water through evaporation.
- In a separate bowl, stir in the buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg; blend well. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, avoid over-mixing.
- Pour in boiling water and stir in to blend water with other ingredients. Allow batter to sit for 15 minutes.
- Fill muffin cups with an even amount of batter and then bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on the counter or on a wire rack.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 304mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g