- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon yeast, active dry
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, pure
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 2 medium banana
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of lukewarm water with 1 cup of all purpose flour and the yeast. Stir well, cover, and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes until spongy and almost doubled in volume.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter. Using a mixer with the dough hook attachment, combine your water and flour mixture from step 1 the melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, oats, walnuts and raisins.
- Slowly add enough flour plus the whole wheat flour, to make a soft, elastic dough that cleans itself from the sides of the bowl. If you use too much flour, add a few drops of water and knead some more.
- Grease a bowl with a small amount of butter and place the dough into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for approximately 1 hour or until doubled in volume. Prepare a 9X5 inch bread pan by greasing with remaining butter; set aside.
- Punch the dough down and shape it into a log. Place into the prepared bread pan, cover again with plastic wrap, and let rise at room temperature for another 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and pulled away from the sides of the pan. Leave to cool slightly in the pan before transferring to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy with a banana on the side.
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 201mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g