- 1 3/4 cup oats, dry
- 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Milk, Low fat 1%
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add liquid to ingredients to dry ingredients, blend well. Fold in blueberries. (if dough seems a little runny- add 1/4 cup more of flour)
- Pour an equal amount of batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle each muffin with cinnamon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with extra blueberries if you have some.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 92mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g