- 1/3 cup flour, gluten free
- 1/3 cup flour, coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Combine the gluten-free flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mash the banana. Combine the mashed banana, sugar, egg, coconut milk, coconut oil, and vanilla in another medium bowl.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the chopped macadamia nuts and shredded coconut. (Batter will be thick.)
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot, greased griddle, spreading with spatula if necessary, and cook for 3 minutes or until pancakes begin to bubble and edges begin to cook. Carefully flip the cakes with a spatula and cook the other side for an additional 3 minutes or until done; cool slightly.
- Top with extra coconut chips and macadamia nuts. Serve with maple syrup.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 111mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g