- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 2 medium cucumber
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar, balsamic
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 medium clementine
- Cook quinoa as directed on package.
- While quinoa cooks, season chicken with salt and pepper. (You may also pound out chicken so that it is all the same thickness, making it cook more evenly). Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add chicken and cook each side 4-5 minutes, browning until no longer pink in the center.
- Chop cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell peppers, then add to a large bowl. Toss with olive oil and vinegar. Split in half, placing half the mixture into a separate, sealable container. This will be used for another side later in the week. The other half of the mixture can be tossed with the cooked quinoa.
- Add an even amount of veggies and quinoa to each of four plates. Sprinkle each with feta and slices of avocado.
- Cut cooked chicken into strips, then add to plate with veggies and quinoa. Serve with clementines on the side.
Calories: 584kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 389mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17g