- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 tsp BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- Take butter from the fridge to allow it to soften. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together softened butter, and sugar; add buttermilk, egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly. Add the flour mixture, and blend. Fold in the berries without over-mixing.
- Using a large zip lock bag, place the batter into the bag, cut an opening in one of the corners of the bag, or simply use a large pastry bag. Gently squeeze the batter out onto a baking sheet into a circle-like donut.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 150mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g