- 3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast, active dry
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 8 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Stir together the flours, salt, and yeast in a very large bowl. Slowly add warm water (bath temp) stirring with a wooden spoon until well mixed and a dough is formed.
- Cover with a wet towel or plastic wrap for a minimum of 3 hours, but for best results, 12-14 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Once your dough has risen, remove from the bowl and divide in half. Roll into a circle roughly 14 inches across, adding extra flour as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Place on a baking sheet, pizza stone, or cast iron pan. Bake at for 8-10 minutes.
- While crust bakes; slice tomatoes and dice pepper. Grate cheese. Set aside.
- After crust is sufficiently cooked through, top with pizza sauce, veggies, and grated cheese. Return to the oven to melt the cheese, about 5-6 minutes more.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 440mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g