- 1 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon yeast, active dry
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1/2 cup milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer stir together the flours, salt, baking powder, sugar and yeast.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, yogurt, and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir for about 1 minute, until the dry ingredients are completely incorporated into the wet ingredients.
- Increase machine speed to 2 and knead the dough until it is smooth and shiny.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and cover it with a towel. Leave in a warm place to rise until the dough doubles in size, about an hour.
- Put a baking stone or heavy baking sheet on the lowest rack of your oven.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees for at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and form into teardrop or oval shapes with your hands about 6-8 inches across.
- Cook two or three pieces at a time.
- Drop the dough onto the hot stone and shut the oven door, watch until they are just starting to turn brown in places, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the naan and lay on a board. You can lightly brush with melted butter, or garlic butter or just enjoy plain.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 323mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g