- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 4 cup spinach
- 2 cup strawberries
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium. Slice mushrooms, chop onion, and mince garlic.
- Add mushrooms and onions to hot oil, and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Turn heat down to medium-low, cover, and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Add tomato paste, paprika, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Stir to combine while adding water; bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat, allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Add spinach to each serving plate and then top with quinoa. Cut remaining lemon into wedges for spritzing.
- Serve strawberries on the side.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 336mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g