- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 10 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 biscuit (2″ dia) biscuits, refrigerated, low fat
- 4 cup green beans
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spay muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; dice chicken and onion. Add chicken to hot skillet and cook until no longer pink, then add onion and chicken broth. Heat until simmering. Add frozen veggies, salt, pepper, and thyme. Heat until bubbly, most of the liquid has been absorbed, and mixture appears thicker. Allow to cool for 5 minutes; add cheese (optional).
- Flatten each refrigerated biscuit (I used a rolling pin) and place in tin, spread dough up sides of each muffin cup, allowing enough excess to come up over filling. Spoon mixture into each dough filled tin and fold excess dough over the top, pinching together to make a seal.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Meanwhile, peel and slice carrots.
- Pop muffins out of pan and allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- While cooling, steam green beans and carrots. Serve veggies on the side along with orange wedges.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 672mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g