- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounce turkey sausage
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium apple
- 2 medium kiwi
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove casings from sausage. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium. Add sausage and cook, stirring to crumble. Meanwhile dice bell peppers. Add to sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink. Drain excess fat and pour sausage into an 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Whisk eggs together with salt and pepper; pour over the sausage. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs have fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop fruit into smaller pieces and toss into a bowl with yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup, zest and juice of lemon, and walnuts; mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve with casserole.
Calories: 422kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 254mg | Sodium: 657mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g