- 36 standard cupcake liners
- 1 cup water
- 3 cup Kashi GOLEAN, Original Cereal
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 large egg
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cup pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Boil water, them mix with 2 cups cereal together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter. Mix with sugar, applesauce, eggs, and buttermilk. Then add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the cereal/water mixture. Lastly, add the remaining 1 cup of cereal. Mix until blended. Fill each muffin cup with an even amount of batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick entered in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly. Serve with pineapple chunks on the side.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 213mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g