- 2 teaspoon yeast, active dry
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 3/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter, all-natural
- 4 tablespoon jam, all-fruit
- 2 cup grapes
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- Mix yeast, warm water, and sugar together and let sit for about 5 minutes. Then add olive oil, flours and salt.
- Mix or knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Put in a covered greased bowl and let rise for 90 minutes.
- After it doubles in size, add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil to a cookie sheet, and spread along the bottom. Roll dough onto cookie sheet until it reaches the edges. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise for 30 more minutes. At this point, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread 1 more tablespoon of olive oil along the top of the dough, and sprinkle with rosemary. Cook for 25 minutes
- Once cool enough to handle, slice focaccia in half, and start layering with peanut butter (or any nut butter) and jelly. Cut the sandwiches into small squares that are basically 2X2, small enough for little hands! Then serve with grapes, carrot sticks and red pepper slices.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 475mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g