- 8 slice bread, sprouted, whole grain
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 2 cup edamame, shelled
- 4 medium orange
- Remove crust from bread and cut into quarters; set aside. Boil 1/2 cup of water. Chop broccoli into small florets and cook in boiling water until slightly softened, 6-7 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool.
- Finely dice 1 carrot and bell pepper. Slice remaining carrots into sticks. Add cooled broccoli, diced carrot and bell pepper, and ricotta cheese to a small mixing bowl. Mix together well and spread onto 8 squares of bread. Top each with a second square of bread.
- Serve mini sammies with carrot sticks, edamame, and orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 483mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 8g