- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 8 ounce corn, canned
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Cook rice as directed on package; set aside, covered.
- In a large bowl mix together turkey, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Add meatballs and cook for 4-6 minutes turning to brown all sides.
- Drain and rinse beans; add to skillet with drained corn. Chop tomatoes and stir into skillet with broth, lime juice and cumin. Reduce heat and cover. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in the center.
- Stir in cilantro and serve on a bed of rice.
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 787mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 3g