- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cup corn, frozen
- 4 ounce diced green chilies, canned
- 1 1/2 cup spinach
- 3 cup tomato sauce
- 15 ounce pinto beans, canned
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 medium tortillas, corn
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium. While oil heats, mince garlic and chop onion.
- Once the oil is hot add the garlic, onion, corn, and chilies to the skillet; sauté until onion is tender, approximately 6-7 minutes. Add the rice, spinach, and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Stir to combine and allow the spinach to wilt.
- Drain and rinse pinto beans. Combine with the remaining tomato sauce and the salsa. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Using a 9-inch square pan, spread 1/2 of the salsa mixture into the dish. Place 3 tortillas over the salsa as you would lasagna noodles (they may slightly overlap). Next spread with half the rice mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Serve with grapes on the side.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 929mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 15g