- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 medium avocado
- 2 medium mango
- 2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Dice onion. Add to a large pan with the turkey, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until meat is brown, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Drain any excess fat, then add salsa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the cilantro, bell peppers, avocados, and mango. Set aside.
- Stir cilantro into the cooked rice, saving just enough cilantro to use as garnish if desired.
- Shred lettuce (if needed), dice tomato, carrot, and cucumber.
- Serve meat mixture over rice, allowing each family member to add toppings as desired. Garnish with cilantro.
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1342mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 24g