- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 4 medium kiwi
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Drain and rinse beans, dice bell pepper, slice green onions, and shred cheese (1/2 cup); set aside separately.
- Add rice, corn, beans, pepper, salsa, chicken broth, oregano, salt, and pepper to an 8×8 inch baking dish; stir well to combine.
- Cut chicken into cubes and add to baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until the liquid has absorbed and the rice has become tender.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with cheese and onions; bake for a few more minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serve with sliced kiwi on the side.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 885mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g