- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup black beans, canned
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 fruit MANGO, FRESH
- Mince garlic. Heat skillet over medium heat and add oil and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add beef and brown until crumbled and no longer pink, 6-7 minutes.
- Add quinoa, broth, rinsed and drained beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add more broth if quinoa is still raw after 15 minutes.
- Cube avocado and serve over quinoa with mango cubes on the side.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 649mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 21g