- 1/4 medium onion
- 2/3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 small new potatoes, red or white
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare your bread pan by spraying with cooking spray (if preferred, use oil or butter).
- Place potatoes in a large pot covered with water; bring to a boil and allow to cook uncovered until softened.
- While potatoes boil, finely dice onion and mix it with 1/3 cup of the marinara sauce, egg, thyme, salt, and pepper. Add bread crumbs and beef and mix thoroughly (your hands are typically the best utensil for mixing here).
- Shape into loaf pan and top with remaining marinara sauce. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink inside and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- While meatloaf bakes, assemble the salad: dice bell pepper, slice tomatoes in half, and toss with lettuce. Also make mashed potatoes: drain potatoes, add milk and butter, then mash with a hand-held masher or a mixer if a smoother consistency is desired. Chop the pineapple.
- Serve meatloaf with salad, mashed potatoes, and pineapple chunks on the side.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 638mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g