- 4 ounce Spaghetti
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1/8 cup flaxseed, ground
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 medium plum
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package; drain and set aside.
- Mince garlic and chop parsley. Add to beef along with flaxseed, basil, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well and shape into 15-18 meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Cook meatballs for 6-8 minutes or until browned and no longer pink inside. Pour marinara sauce into skillet and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs and sauce on a bed of pasta with plums on the side.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1082mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g