Meatless Lentil Burgers with Cucumber-Mango SaladPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 2 patties
- 1 cup lentils, raw
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 4 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium cucumber
- 2 medium mango
- 6 leaf outer lettuce
- Rinse and drain lentils. Add to a large saucepan along with rice.
- Add water to the saucepan until lentils are covered by about 3 inches. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils and rice are softened.
- Drain lentil/rice mixture, then add to a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Leave in the processor and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Chop green onion then add to the hot oil. Cook for 2 minutes, then add tomato paste and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add onion mixture to the rice and lentils in the food processor, along with 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, the lemon juice, and salt; blend to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 8-12 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball, then press into patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in another large skillet.
- Add patties to the skillet, working in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Cook patties for 3 minutes per side until browned. Add more oil as needed, continuing to cook until all patties are done.
- While patties cook, dice cucumbers and mangoes. Toss with remaining chopped cilantro and your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Serve each patty on top of a large lettuce leaf, with cucumber-mango salad on the side. (Serving size: 2 patties, 3/4 cup salad)
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 212mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g