- 4 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 large egg white
- 8 oz beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 cup tortellini pasta
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1 cup grapes
- 2 oz feta cheese crumbles
- In medium bowl, combine wheat germ and egg white with beef; shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- In a saucepan, heat the marinara sauce to a boil; stir in the meatballs.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer covered, stirring occasionally. It should take approximately 20 minutes for the meatballs to cook through (no longer pink inside).
- Cook tortellini along with meatballs, according to the package directions.
- Skewer the meatballs with the tortellini and serve with salad.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl, serve immediately.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 774mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g