- 1 slice bread, Italian
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 small hoagie roll
- 1/4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 cup, chopped kale
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup vinegar, red wine
- 2 medium apple
- In a small bowl, soak Italian bread in milk until soggy, about 5 minutes. Squeeze out excess milk and tear into small pieces. Combine bread with beef, chopped onion, Parmesan, chopped parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium; drop in meatballs without over crowding pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Set aside and continue until all meatballs have been cooked. Toast hoagie rolls and spread with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce.
- Assemble salad by tearing greens and adding to a large bowl. Toss together with olive oil, vinegar, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Add meatballs to rolls, and serve sandwiches with salad and sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 700kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 1201mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 16g