- 2 can kidney beans
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3 medium carrot
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 cup crushed tomatoes, canned
- 4 small ROLLS, DINNER, WHOLE WHEAT
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, low fat
- 2 cup blueberries
- Drain and rinse kidney beans. Toss one can of beans into a food processor; pulse to puree. Finely chop onion, grate carrot, and slice bell peppers; set aside separately.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onions, salt, and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots, chili powder, and oregano; mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes then stir in the tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the the bean puree as well as the remaining can of beans, and cook until heated through.
- Serve on whole wheat buns alongside blueberries and bell pepper slices with ranch for dipping.
Calories: 526kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1538mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 24g