- 5 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 5 cup broccoli, florets
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Steam broccoli florets for 4-5 minutes. Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add the onions and garlic. Sauté about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to med-low, then add in flour, whisking continuously until a paste forms.
- Add soy milk and dry mustard, then increase heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cheese and salt; whisk together until melted then remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked pasta and broccoli. Add additional salt and/or pepper to taste if desired.
- Serve with grapes on the side.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 450mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g