- 2 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 3 stalk celery
- 4 clove garlic
- 8 ounce turkey sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup kidney beans, canned
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook rice according to package and set aside.
- Finely chop one onion (1 1/4 cup), green pepper, and celery stalks. Mince garlic cloves.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook kielbasa (13 ounces) or sausage to sear, stirring frequently for 4 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Reduce to medium heat and add oil. Add onion, pepper and celery; saute for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika and salt; saute another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in beans and water; bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Mash some of the beans against the side of the pot to thicken the broth. Add the sausage back in, stir well and cook another 15 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice and with your favorite hot sauce.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 558mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g