- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 8 ounce Noodles, chinese, chow mein
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 3 medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon Mirin, sweet cooking rice wine
- 2 medium mango
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and freshly grated ginger; set aside.
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain and set aside.
- Mince garlic, chop mushrooms, chop/julienne bell pepper, and julienne/grate carrot.
- Heat olive oil in a large wok over medium.
- Add garlic to hot wok and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and peppers then continue to cook 1-3 minutes more.
- Add carrots to wok, along with snow peas, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Toss veggies with mirin and then add cooked noodles and dressing; toss to coat evenly. Stir in spinach and allow to barely wilt; remove from heat.
- Cut mangoes into slices or cubes.
- Serve lo mein with mango on the side. Add sriracha sauce to taste if desired.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1705mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 27g