- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup lentils, raw
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup, chopped kale
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Chop onion, carrots, and pepper, mince garlic.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add vegetables and sauté until slightly softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add broth, lentils and water and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are softened.
- While simmering, remove stems from kale.
- Once lentils have cooked long enough, add remaining ingredients (except lemon), and cook for 5-6 minutes, allowing kale to soften.
- Serve hot, with wedges of lemon for spritzing, and a whole wheat dinner roll.
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 812mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 12g