- 4 clove garlic
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 4 medium carrot
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks
- 1 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup cherries
- Mince garlic; slice zucchini, peppers, carrots, Place zucchini, peppers and carrots into a large ziplock bag with the chicken. Proceed to whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; pour marinade in with the chicken and veggies. Seal and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours (or overnight), turning bag over at least once during the marinade time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove chicken and veggies from bag and place in an oven safe 9X13 inch pan; discard the marinade.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and the meat begins to separate from the bone.
- While the chicken bakes, cook rice according to package directions; cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Serve chicken with cooked rice, veggie medley and cherries. Be sure to allow one of the dishes of chicken and veggies to cool, then store in the refrigerator for tomorrows meal!
Calories: 597kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 387mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g