- 2 medium lemon
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks
- 8 ounce Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup peas and carrots, frozen
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium pear
- Whisk together juice of lemons, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 2 cloves crushed garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Cut a few small slits into each chicken leg and toss them into a ziplock bag along with the seasonings. Seal bag, flip/shake a few times to coat, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or even overnight).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and set veggies out to thaw.
- Place chicken onto a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, checking to be sure it is no longer pink and the juices run clear. If skin has been left on chicken, allow it to turn crispy as well.
- While chicken cooks, prepare pasta as directed on package.
- When pasta has finished cooking, rinse and set aside. Heat a skillet over medium. Add oil to skillet to begin heating. Mince remaining garlic clove and sauté for 30 seconds. Add pasta, thawed peas and carrots, and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat evenly and cook until veggies are warmed through and cheese has melted.
- Serve chicken on a bed of pasta with sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 805kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 59g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 471mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g