These light and tender lemon blueberry scones are loaded with fresh blueberries and refreshing lemon zest perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Slice butter and drop into dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender or the back of a large fork to cut the butter and mix it into the flour.
- Mix in yogurt and milk, and lemon zest.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Use your hands to knead if necessary.
- Break dough into 8 even pieces and form into a ball shape.
- Place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or foil.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with a bit of sugar, and bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.