- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup raspberries
- 4 large egg
- 2 medium kiwi
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine the zest of the lemon and the sugar in a food processor. Pulse until zest is very finely chopped and mixture is well combined.
- Add buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla to the food processor and pulse again until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir just until blended. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges and tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover, remove from heat, and set aside for 10 minutes to finish cooking. Drain and allow to cool before peeling.
- Cool cooked muffins in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling before serving.
- Serve muffins with hard-boiled eggs and sliced kiwi on the side.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 274mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g