- 2/3 cup basil, fresh
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 ounce bowtie (farfalle) pasta, dry
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small squash, summer
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup, chopped onion, red
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- To make the dressing, combine the basil, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until well blended; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While it cooks, chop zucchini and summer squash into bite-sized pieces. Halve cherry tomatoes. Chop red onion.
- To make the salad, in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the zucchini and squash and cook until tender and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat
- In a small bowl, combine the pasta and two tablespoons dressing. Stir to combine.
- Divide the dressing between four standard sized mason jars. Layer the remaining ingredients in the mason jars, starting with the pasta on the bottom, tomatoes, mozzarella and onion in the middle and the cooked zucchini and summer squash mixture on top. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired. To serve, pour the contents of jar into a bowl and mix to combine. You can also seal jar and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 175mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g